In this post I want to give a few opinions on some of the samples I’ve been trying out. These all came with the many Korean cosmetics hauls I received, and this is probably only a quarter of it. I feel spoiled by samples! I’ll just give a brief summary of each product and whether I’ll be buying a full sized version to review for you late :3
In order from top to bottom, left to right:
1. Tony Moly I’m Real Lemon Brightening Lotion- It was very moisturizing, and I loved the smell, but it didn’t do anything spectacular. Unfortunately, this product gets a no.
2. Lioele Dollish Veil Vita BB Cream- I’m so up in the air with this one. The shade is ‘glamorous purple’ and it’s a very, very pale lilac. But it isn’t a makeup base- look at my face [I’m only wearing the BB cream and my usual eye makeup/blush/lippie]
How did it go from purple to the color of my skin? I didn’t notice any color changing beads or anything. I mean, it was pretty cool. And it looks nice on me without being overly thick. So will I buy a full size? At $27, I might wait on that decision a bit.
3. Etude House Milk Talk Body Wash- Other than smelling like strawberry milk, this didn’t do anything special for me. This product gets a no.
4. Holika Holika Good Cera Skin and Good Cera Super Cream- Aside from the absurdly long name, I actually liked this product. It was very moisturizing and it made my skin look smooth. At $16, it’s worth the money. This product gets a yes.
5. Nature Republic Bath and Nature Apple Mango body cream- In my opinion, this is almost exactly like the body butters from bath and body works. I’m not into fruity scents, and the price [$12] is a little high for me. This product gets a no.
6. A’pieu Essential Source Hyaluronic Acid- When I first started using my samples, I tried a few out at the same time. A peeling gel, cream, and this essence. Bad idea, because my skin ended up super soft and I had to figure out which product did it. Turns out it was this stuff, and I’m now completely addicted. You layer it under a moisturizer and your face is BABY ASS soft. It’s only $16 a bottle and it’s so good that I’ll by some for mum too! [You might notice that I completely shredded the packet trying to get every drop out…]
7. Benton Aloe BHA Skin toner- This gets a fuck no. Made me break out terribly, smelled awful. Like turd water. Ugh.
8. Benton Snail Bee high whatever whatever- same exact complaint as above. F-
9. Aloe Propolis Soothing gel- Also smelled, made me break out, and did nothing positive for my skin. Looks like I won’t be buying Benton products ever.
So two yes and one maybe. I really enjoyed trying the products [except you, BENTON >_<] and I am extremely happy to have found one really awesome product through the samples! Au revoir!