Spring is finally here [for some of us! Me not included.] and it’s time to start breaking out the new nail colors. I usually don’t care much about the newest trends in nail art, but I absolutely love what was happening at all the springs shows. So let’s begin on our top 5 list!
1. Base Colors. Two base tones that have been really popular lately are beige nude and bright white. These aren’t left to speak for themselves, however. Nude Beiges are typically vessels for showing off brighter colors without overwhelming. A good start is to paint your whole nail with a nude [non-pink] shade, then add a neon stripe of any color down the center. As for wearing bright whites, it can stand alone, or you can add some modernist nail art to it for a little something extra.
2. 3D Nails. Not the best look if you work with your hands a lot, but adorable nonetheless. Start with a neutral or pastel base, and add beads, velvet, or even some polymer nail decorations. Looks great on stiletto nails.
3. Neutral Metallics. Last season’s chunky glitter look is being tossed to make way for the more mature look of subtle shimmer. Try rose golds, bronzes, sheer metallics, and holographic shades. Since a single shade over the whole nail can be boring, try a gradation look with multiple shades!
4. Bright Accents. Neon nails can be obnoxious. But how can we celebrate spring without bright colors?? How about just a teensy bit of bright? Me thinks yes! Try neon stripes, dots, tips, and gradients on neutral base colors for a more grown-up look.
5. Mint nails with a twist. Yes, mint is still in. But this year, we’re mixing it up a little. Mint accent nails, sheer mints, and mint bases are all popular looks this spring. Opt for muted mints with more green than blue!
Happy spring everyone!